Practices with Promise Success Story
Submitted By: Vilma Reynoso, Gateway Adult Education Network
Data and Accountability
- Type of Practice: Data & Accountability
- Targeted Population:
- Program Area(s):
- Consortia Involved: Gateway Adult Education Network
Each member/district using their assessment, data management system, and intake form were causing issues in being able to compare the same type of data across members.
GAEN used Data and Accountability funds and purchased CASA, TOPSpro and ASAP, and equipment tp align assessment, intake form and data collection across all consortium members. The goals were
1. To have an intake form to be used by all members of the consortium.
2. Use the intake information to translate data into students goals and action plans.
3. Use the same assessment platform across the consortium, which would result in increased performance outcomes and data-driven instruction.
All members are aligned with the same assessment, intake, data collection, and data-driven guidance.
GAEN members conduct an ongoing review of DIR reports and use of data from both curricular and CASAS test to guide program design and instruction.